To encourage the States and Districts to focus on Jal Shakti Abhiyan, Department of Drinking Water and Sanitation is launching the District rankings based on the progress achieved during the campaign. The ranking would assess the performance of Districts against Five Intervention areas, Special Interventions and People’s participation.
The scoring methodology and detailed weightage against each indicator is mentioned below:
- District rankings to be calculated for all districts.
- District level scores to be aggregated based on mean of block scores against five intervention areas.
- Block level scores will be calculated based on progress reported against five intervention areas.
- Highest score by any block/district against progress reported under each indicator will be given full marks. All other blocks/districts will get score in proportion of progress made with respect to highest score against that indicator.
- Special indicators will measure the progress under Special Interventions and People's participation at District level.
Water conservation and rainwater harvesting
Renovation of traditional and other water bodies/tanks
Reuse, borewell recharge structures
Block and District Conservation plan
Number of Krishi Vigyan Kendra Melas organized
Details of 5 sites uploaded.